Raisin Pound Cake
Yellow cake mix, applesauce and raisins make this moist pleasantly spiced loaf a no-fuss favorite of LuEllen Spaulding. "I turn to this recipe when unexpected guests drop by because I usually have the ingredients in the cupboard," writes the Caro, Michigan baker. For a special occasion, top slices with fresh fruit.
32 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, applesauce, water, oil, eggs,
- cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in raisins. Pour into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5-10 minutes before removing
- from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 100 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.