Raisin Pecan Oatmeal Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Additional milk
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the oats, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Stir in the raisins and pecans.
- 2. Pour into a greased 3-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes; stir. Cook at 50% power for 6 minutes or until oats are tender. Serve warm with additional milk. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 431 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Pecan Oatmeal
"I've been eating oatmeal every day for two weeks. I'm trying every recipe I can find. This was great! I added extra pecans. Yum!"
"This is so delicious! I have made it several times, and the leftovers are still wonderful the next day. I add different dried fruit and nuts also."
"This was good but too sweet. I decreased the sugar by half and it was perfect."