Raisin Pecan Baklava
"This lightened-up version of traditional baklava is to die for, and it looks beautiful on a goody tray. The toasted pecans really stand out, and Grape-Nuts give additional crunch without adding calories."
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, honey and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from
- the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cereal, raisins, brown sugar and
- cinnamon. Stir in 3 tablespoons of honey mixture; set aside.
- Stack phyllo sheets on a work surface; trim 1 in. from the 9-in.
- side. Cut in half lengthwise, forming 8-in. x 7-in. rectangles.
- (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to
- prevent it from drying out.) Overlap two pieces in a greased 8-in.
- square baking dish; spray with cooking spray. Repeat three times.
- Spread nut mixture over top. Overlap two pieces of phyllo to cover