Raisin Pecan Baklava Recipe
"This lightened-up version of traditional baklava is to die for, and it looks beautiful on a goody tray. The toasted pecans really stand out, and Grape-Nuts give additional crunch without adding calories."
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup Grape-Nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, water, honey and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the pecans, cereal, raisins, brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir in 3 tablespoons of honey mixture; set aside.
- 3. Stack phyllo sheets on a work surface; trim 1 in. from the 9-in. side. Cut in half lengthwise, forming 8-in. x 7-in. rectangles. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Overlap two pieces in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; spray with cooking spray. Repeat three times.
- 4. Spread nut mixture over top. Overlap two pieces of phyllo to cover nut mixture; spray with cooking spray. Repeat with remaining phyllo. Using a sharp knife, cut into 24 rectangles, about 2-1/2 in. x 1 in.
- 5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Reheat reserved honey mixture; pour over hot baklava. Cool completely on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Raisin Pecan Baklava
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC