Raisin Pear Chutney Recipe
Peck, Idaho field editor Ruth Andrewson relates, "We have so much fruit in the area that I just can't help putting up some of it. This hearty chutney is delicious with any meat."
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 pounds unpeeled ripe pears, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring vinegar and brown sugar to a boil. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until chutney reaches desired consistency.
- 2. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles, wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 15 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 2 pints.
1/4 cup: 152 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Raisin Pear Chutney
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC