Raisin Peanut Clusters
This is a quick recipe that's delicious. You can vary it if you like by using all raisins or all peanuts.
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- In a heavy 3-qt. saucepan, melt chocolate and shortening. Remove from
- the heat; add raisins and peanuts. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls
- onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Store in airtight containers in
- refrigerator. Yield: 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 122 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.