- turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface; knead for 1 minute.
- Cover and let rest 15 minutes. Divide in half. Roll each portion
- into a 9-in. x 7-in. oval; fold in half lengthwise. Pinch edges to
- seal. Place in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. With a sharp
- knife, make three 1/4-in.-deep diagonal slashes across top of each
- loaf. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Cover
- loosely with foil after 20 minutes to prevent over browning. Remove
- from pans to wire racks to cool. For glaze, combine the sugar,
- orange juice and butter until smooth. Stir in walnuts. Spread over
- loaves. Yield: 2 loaves.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 168 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 151 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.