Raisin Oatmeal Mix
"We like the sweet cinnamony flavor of this instant oatmeal at our house," relates Robert Caummisar of Grayson, Kentucky. The mix makes it convenient to zap a bowl in the microwave for a speedy breakfast. If you like milk with your oatmeal, you can pour a little on top before serving.
14 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apples or dried banana chips
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each serving):
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Store in an
- airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 1 month. Yield: 7
- To prepare oatmeal: In a deep microwave-safe bowl, combine 1/2 cup
- oatmeal mix and 3/4 cup water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45
- seconds; stir. Cook 30-45 seconds longer or until bubbly. Let stand
- 2 minutes. Yield: 14 servings (7 cups mix).
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 186 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2-1/2 starch.