In my small neighborhood, my grandkids and their friends stop by throughout the day. I keep my cookie jar well supplied with these.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/2 cups raisins
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in water and vanilla. Combine the oats, flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. (Transfer to a larger bowl if necessary.) Stir in the raisins, chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 12-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Oatmeal Raisin Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p105
Reviews for Raisin Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review