Raisin Nut Oatmeal
Busy or not, there’s no better feeling than waking up to a ready-to-eat hot breakfast. The oats, fruit and spices in this homey meal bake together overnight. —Valerie Sauber, Adelanto, California
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 7 hours
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first
- eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until
- liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats for the steel-cut oats and increase the fat-free milk to 4-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup with 2 teaspoons pecans equals 289 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 9 g protein.