- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Nut Oatmeal
"This was delicious. I love a good bowl of hearty oatmeal. I did use lactose free milk."
"I tried this recipe with almond milk and it was fabulous! My entire family loved it! So delicious!"
"Love it! My husband's favorite breakfast. I put in frig and he helps himself when ready to eat."
"This is soooo good! I made it for company prior to Thanksgiving, they all loved it. Very good."
"I will cut this recipe in half and put it in my little crockpot and perhaps shorten the time a bit."