- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Nut Oatmeal
"Really good. Made one alteration in substituting a can of apple pie filling for the apples when I doubled the recipe for my large crock pot. I also used almond milk as was suggested and everyone loved it."
"This was delicious. I love a good bowl of hearty oatmeal. I did use lactose free milk."
"I tried this recipe with almond milk and it was fabulous! My entire family loved it! So delicious!"
"Love it! My husband's favorite breakfast. I put in frig and he helps himself when ready to eat."
"This is soooo good! I made it for company prior to Thanksgiving, they all loved it. Very good."