Busy or not, there’s no better feeling than waking up to a ready-to-eat hot breakfast. The oats, fruit and spices in this homey meal bake together overnight. —Valerie Sauber, Adelanto, California
- 3-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 3/4 cup steel-cut oats
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Spoon oatmeal into bowls; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Nut Oatmeal in Healthy Cooking October/November 2012, p31
Reviews for Raisin Nut Oatmeal
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review