Raisin-Nut Chocolate Cake
"My husband asks for this yummy cake every year for his birthday," writes Carol Clarke of Orem, Utah. Chock-full of raisins and walnuts, the moist treat makes a fitting finale to any meal regardless of the season.
12-16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup water
- In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, raisins and marshmallows; set
- aside. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, mayonnaise and
- water. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- minutes. Stir in nut mixture.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at
- 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan
- to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 339 calories, 20 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 296 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.