Raisin-Nut Bread Pudding Recipe
My husband and I are retired and our children are all grown, so this small-size dessert works perfectly for us. When my oldest son comes to eat, dinner wouldn't be complete if I didn't serve this bread pudding for dessert. -LaVerna Mjones, Moorhead, Minnesota
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream and ground cinnamon
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 20-oz. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk egg and milk. Add brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Pour over bread; sprinkle with raisins and nuts.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. Serve warm with whipped cream; sprinkle with cinnamon. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 432 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 133 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC