Raisin-Nut Baked Apples
My family loves stuffed apples for dessert. But because they cook so quickly in the microwave, I make them for snacks, too.Susan Lasken, Woodland Hills, California
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 medium Rome or Golden Delicious apples
- 6 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 6 tablespoons raisins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Core apples; place in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish.
- Fill the center of each apple with walnuts and raisins. Drizzle
- with honey; sprinkle with cinnamon. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 4-1/2 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.