- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/8 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the water and oats; let stand for 30 minutes. Add the molasses, butter and salt. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; add to oat mixture. Stir in enough flour to form a soft dough. Stir in raisins and nuts.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into two loaves. Place into two greased 5-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Originally published as Raisin Molasses Yeast Bread in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p258
Reviews for Raisin Molasses Yeast Bread(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review