Raisin Mini-Scones Recipe
Through the years, I've tried many sugarless dessert recipes. But these scones are by far the best. With lots of raisins and oatmeal, they make very satisfying treats.
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, combine butter and oats. Stir in egg substitute, vanilla and sugar substitute. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to oat mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
One scone equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC