Through the years, I've tried many sugarless dessert recipes. But these scones are by far the best. With lots of raisins and oatmeal, they make very satisfying treats.
36 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine butter and oats. Stir in egg substitute,
- vanilla and sugar substitute. Combine flour, baking powder and salt;
- add to oat mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins. Drop by
- rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
Editor's Note: Use an artificial sweetener recommended for baking, such as Sweet N Low or Sweet One.
Nutritional Facts: One scone equals 77 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 83 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber,