Through the years, I've tried many sugarless dessert recipes. But these scones are by far the best. With lots of raisins and oatmeal, they make very satisfying treats.
Recommended: 32 Awesome Apple Breakfasts
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a large bowl, combine butter and oats. Stir in egg substitute, vanilla and sugar substitute. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to oat mixture alternately with milk. Stir in raisins. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Mini-Scones in Country Woman November/December 1996, p36
Reviews for Raisin Mini-Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2010
"I have made these Mimi-Scones twice now and they are excellent. I followed the recipe exactly as listed and they turned out wonderful!"