Raisin Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
These muffins are my husband's favorite year-round. He likes them warm and topped with cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. I like them because they're easy to make and they freeze beautifully.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and molasses. Combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Toss the raisins with the remaining flour; stir into batter.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: About 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 265 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 204 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Gingerbread Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC