Raisin Gingerbread Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sour cream and molasses. Combine 2 cups flour, baking soda, ginger, allspice and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Toss the raisins with the remaining flour; stir into batter.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: About 1 dozen.
Reviews for Raisin Gingerbread Muffins(2)
Sort By :
yummy. Made these today for a 'trial run' for next month. Will be definately be making them, doubling or tripling recipe. Crunchy on outside, soft on inside. I didn't use golden raisins, just used regular, got 11 muffins, as i like them a little bigger.
These have wonderful flavor, are a little crunchy on the outside but nice & moist inside.