Raisin Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
This recipe for Pumpkin Bread was given to me years ago by one of the best cooks in our church. It is ideal to bake ahead and keep in the freezer to take to someone who is sick or have on hand to give as a little gift.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling YIELD:32 servings
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 225 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 168 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC