Raisin Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add sugar, oil, eggs and buttermilk. Mix well. Stir in flavorings, pumpkin, raisins and pecans. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bread tests done. Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pans. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves.
1 slice: 225 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Raisin Filled Pumpkin Spice Bread
"This is my go-to pumpkin bread recipe. I have made this bread many times for holiday gift-giving. It freezes beautifully."
"Yum! Great with whole wheat flour. So nice that the recipe makes 2 loaves. Great for gift-giving.~ Theresa"
"Absolutely delicious! I did increase the amount of cinnamon and nutmeg. Also melted butter instead of butter flavoring. Be sure to use Buttermilk! It makes the difference - sooo much better!"