- For filling, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, flour and brown
- sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Add raisins. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir and cook for 3 minutes or until
- thickened. Cool.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough into 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with
- floured 3-in.-round cookie cutters. Spoon 2 teaspoons filling on top
- of half the circles and top each with another circle. Pinch edges
- together and cut slit in top.
- Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to
- cool. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 351 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.