Raisin English Muffin Bread Recipe
Batter breads like this are great to make because they don't require kneading. I slice the loaf and store it in the freezer for a quick breakfast.
- Yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 to 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Grease an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside. Place warm milk in a small bowl; add raisins and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, reserved milk mixture and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- 3. Spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 28-33 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve slices of bread toasted. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Raisin English Muffin Bread
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2012
"its great breakfast bread grilled in a pan"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC