Raisin English Muffin Bread Recipe
Batter breads like this are great to make because they don't require kneading. I slice the loaf and store it in the freezer for a quick breakfast.
- Yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 to 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Grease an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan; sprinkle with cornmeal and set aside. Place warm milk in a small bowl; add raisins and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, cinnamon, reserved milk mixture and 1-1/2 cups flour. Beat until smooth, about 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- 3. Spoon into prepared pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 28-33 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve slices of bread toasted. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Reviews for Raisin English Muffin Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC