Raisin Date Bread Pudding Recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 5 cups cubed day-old bread
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Additional sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, pour milk over bread. Add sugar, eggs, butter, dates, raisins, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg; stir to mix well. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. If desired, sprinkle top with additional sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 290 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 173mg cholesterol, 250mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Raisin Date Bread Pudding
"I had to fight the boys off the mixing bowl!!They couldn't get enough:)"
"I have made this recipe many times except I leave out the dates and use cinnamon raisin bread. It's wonderful. Everybody loves it. I'm making some tonite - the neighbor wants some and so do I."