Raisin Cranberry Pie Recipe
There are many cranberry bogs in our state, especially on Cape Cod. The delicious combination of cranberries and raisins make this pie memorable.
- 1 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in water until blended; bring to a boil. Add cranberries and raisins. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minute, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla until butter is melted. Cool slightly.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim to 1 in. beyond edge of pie plate. Pour filling into crust. Roll out remaining pastry; cut into lattice strips and place over filling. Seal and flute edges. Brush lattice crust with cream if desired.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, covering edges with foil during the last 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 407 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Cranberry Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC