Raisin Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-fat milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten, divided
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in 1-1/2 cups water until very tender; drain, reserving 3/4 cup cooking liquid. Mash potatoes; set aside 1 cup (refrigerate any remaining potatoes for another use). Heat reserved cooking liquid to 110°-115° if necessary. In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm liquid. Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add the milk, honey, oil, salt, butter flavoring, remaining sugar, 2 cups flour and reserved potatoes. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into an 18-in. x 13-in. rectangle. Brush with some of the egg whites. Combine brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 18 slices. Place cut side down in two 9-in. square baking pans coated with cooking spray. Brush with some of the egg whites. Combine brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon; sprinkle over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into 18 slices. Place cut side down in two 9-in. square baking pans coated with cooking spray. Brush with remaining egg white. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls. Yield: 18 rolls.
Originally published as Raisin Cinnamon Rolls in Light & Tasty August/September 2002, p42
Reviews for Raisin Cinnamon Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"I have made these rolls for the last five years for Christmas brunch. They are wonderful. They make a very soft and tender roll."