Raisin Cinnamon Bread Recipe
Tasty swirls of cinnamon and rich yeasty flavor make this recipe from "Deanna Patterson of Greenville, Texas wonderful in all ways. The raisin-dotted bread is sure to rise to any occasion, whether you take it to a gathering, serve it for brunch or offer it as a snack to your family.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- 3. Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide in half. Roll each into a 15x7-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with water. Starting with a short side, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 4. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 162 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC