- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5-3/4 to 6-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add milk, 1/3 cup sugar, oil, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add raisins and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. On a lightly floured surface, divide in half. Roll each into a 15x7-in. rectangle. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over dough. Sprinkle with water. Starting with a short side, roll up tightly, jelly-roll style. Pinch seams and ends to seal. Place, seam side down, in two greased 9x5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Raisin Cinnamon Bread
Sort By :
"I have made 6 loaves of this in two days, and gave neighbors all except two of them. They loved it and so did my husband. I experimented using Almond milk with two loaves, for someone who cannot have dairy. It worked just fine. Notice too, there are only 2 Tablespoon of fat per loaf (1/4 cup for 2 loaves) and no egg. I did use the entire mix of sugar/cinnamon per loaf, meaning I actually doubled what I suppose was meant to be used. It was just perfect for our tasting."
"The taste was great, turned out perfect. Recipe is spot on, Yields 2 large loaves, or 3 medium loaves...."
"My loaves are currently rising in their pans, but I can already tell this recipe is a keeper! The ingredients are spot on and easy to understand. The dough was a pleasure to work with. I make bread often, and I really like this recipe."
"This is the best bread! My children who dont like raisin bread even devoured it!"
"I LOVE this Bread and really enjoy making it and because of this I no longer buy breakfast bread at the grocery store. I start a day or so ahead of time by soaking regular & golden raisins in Rum. I use my kitchen aid when it's time to knead the bread. This is a nice bread to share with friends & neighbors as well!!"