- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup hot brewed coffee
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, combine butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in coffee. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to the coffee mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and pecans.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile for icing, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over warm bars. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen, 18 servings, 1 per serving.
Originally published as Raisin Cinnamon Bars in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p27
Reviews for Raisin Cinnamon Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review