Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
One day when making cookies, I discovered I didn't have any eggs. In a panic, I called my grandmother for expert advice, and she told me to use mayonnaise. These turned out to be the most moist and delicious cookies I'd ever eaten!
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Place raisins in a bowl. Cover with boiling water; let stand for 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in mayonnaise and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips, walnuts and raisins.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 7 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p20
Reviews for Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookies(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >