Raisin-Chip Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
The texture of these cookies is just right with plump raisins, sweet chocolate chips, crunchy nuts and yummy coconut. Any leftover cookies freeze nicely.—Anna Free, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- 2. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 227 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC