The texture of these cookies is just right with plump raisins, sweet chocolate chips, crunchy nuts and yummy coconut. Any leftover cookies freeze nicely.—Anna Free, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1-2/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 cups coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips, nuts, raisins and coconut.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 12 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin-Chip Oatmeal Cookies in Taste of Home October/November 2000, p54
Reviews for Raisin-Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review