Raisin Cheese Blintzes Recipe
Milk, butter and cottage cheese combine delightfully in these blintzes. When I was a child, my mother served them often for Sunday brunch or for dessert, and they tasted so good.—Lauren Kargen, Buffalo, New York
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash salt
- Addutional butter
- 2 cups raisins
- 4 cups (32 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- Sour cream and blueberry or strawberry pie filling
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk and butter. Combine the flour, sugar and salt; add to milk mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Heat a lightly greased 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour 2 tablespoons batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 3. Place raisins in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Drain. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, sugar, cinnamon, salt and raisins. Spoon about 1/2 cup down the center of each crepe; fold ends and sides over filling.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook blintzes in butter until heated through. Top with sour cream and pie filling if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 each: 384 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Raisin Cheese Blintzes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC