- 2 cups raisins
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, combine the raisins and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and raisins with liquid.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews for Raisin Cake Cookies
"A good cookie, but nothing extraordinary. I wouldn't bother baking these again."
"Although it is a very soft cookie, I found them to be very bland and definately not very sweet. If you like a soft cookie with a lot of spicey flavor, this is not your cookies."
"These turned out amazing! Very soft and flavorful. My whole house smelled wonderful as they baked. Just be sure to layer them with waxed or parchment paper when you store them or they will stick together."