Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 piece: 421 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake
"Very tasty, moist and not too sweet. Made for men on church workday - they gobbled it down and said "much better than Dunkin Donuts!"
"If I want to use vegetable oil instead of butter to make the cake moister, how much oil should I use?"
"This is a good recipe, but the cake could use more of the crumbled mixture and i had a problem with sinking raisins in the batter...they were all at the bottom. Otherwise, i thought it was pretty good."
"This coffee cake is so good and moist, even my finicky son loves it."
"OhMyGoodness, this cake is absolutely awesome. Comfort food at its best!!"