Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe
Folks will be lining up in your kitchen while this coffee cake is baking- then they'll come back for more once they've tasted it! Along with aah-some aroma and flavor, the fruity treat from Lauren Heyn of Oak Creek, Wisconsin is light and tender- and sure to be a hit whenever you serve it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- 2. In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 421 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC