Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.
- In another bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Stir in raisins. Spread half of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spread with remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"If I want to use vegetable oil instead of butter to make the cake moister, how much oil should I use?"
"This is a good recipe, but the cake could use more of the crumbled mixture and i had a problem with sinking raisins in the batter...they were all at the bottom. Otherwise, i thought it was pretty good."
"This coffee cake is so good and moist, even my finicky son loves it."
"OhMyGoodness, this cake is absolutely awesome. Comfort food at its best!!"