Raisin Broccoli Toss
Packed with zest, this raisin salad from Marshfield, Missouri reader Bernice Morris is a lively addition to a country meal. "It's easy to prepare and good for you, too. The walnuts and broccoli add lots of crunch," she notes.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a large salad bowl, toss broccoli, walnuts and raisins. In a small
- bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over salad; toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 366 calories, 29 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.