Raisin Broccoli Salad
Years ago, I needed a colorful dish for my menu and created this salad. I experimented with the dressing until the combination was a success. This is a great make-ahead salad.
-Pat Faircloth, Lillington, North Carolina
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until smooth.
- Pour over vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 284 calories, 21 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 112 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.