Raisin Bread Pudding Recipe
My sister gave me the recipe for this delicious bread pudding that's dotted with raisins. It's a big hit with everyone who's tried it. A homemade vanilla sauce goes together quickly on the stovetop and is yummy drizzled over warm servings of this old-fashioned-tasting treat. —Sherry Nice McComb, Ohio
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Place bread cubes in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in the sugar, butter, raisins and cinnamon. Pour over bread; stir.
- 2. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- 3. For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 448 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 184 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC