My sister gave me the recipe for this delicious bread pudding that's dotted with raisins. It's a big hit with everyone who's tried it. A homemade vanilla sauce goes together quickly on the stovetop and is yummy drizzled over warm servings of this old-fashioned-tasting treat. —Sherry Nice McComb, Ohio
- 8 slices bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place bread cubes in a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, beat eggs and milk; stir in the sugar, butter, raisins and cinnamon. Pour over bread; stir.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour. Reduce heat to low; cook for 3-4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- For sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add water, sugar and vanilla. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Raisin Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking January/February 2000, p27
Reviews for Raisin Bread Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review