- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 loaf (1 pound) cinnamon-raisin bread, cubed
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat 4-6 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, combine bread and sausage.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg until blended; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove casserole from refrigerator while oven heats. In a small bowl, beat topping ingredients until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls over casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Raisin Bread & Sausage Morning Casserole
"Would cut back on the brown sugar in the topping to Half cup a little too sweet ( unless you want sweeter) took it to a church brunch this am it was gone in no time , I did taste a spoonful . I changed the sausage to a full pound to have more meat . I got a lot of compliments on the dish . Will make again . Thanks TOH."