Raisin Bran Muffins
Who'd believe that muffins this tender and tasty could be quick and easy to make? The cereal adds a touch of sweetness and crunch. These are so nice to have on hand!
42 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisin bran cereal
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, combine the raisin bran, flour, sugar, baking soda
- and salt. Combine the eggs, buttermilk and oil. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at
- 400° for 12-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield:
- 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.