Raisin Bran Muffin Mix Recipe
My husband likes to take muffins to work. And with this mix in my pantry, I can have muffins ready in minutes. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cereal and nuts. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- 2. To prepare muffins: Place 4 cups of muffin mix in a bowl. Beat egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 219 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC