Raisin Bran Muffin Mix Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cereal and nuts. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- 2. To prepare muffins: Place 4 cups of muffin mix in a bowl. Beat egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 219 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Raisin Bran Muffin Mix
"everything is great about recipe but no one keeps nonfat dry milk so no I would not buy just for one recipe"
"So soft and moist, delicious, healthy and yummy! Plus easy to make."