- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cereal and nuts. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare muffins: Place 4 cups of muffin mix in a bowl. Beat egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forRaisin Bran Muffin Mix
"everything is great about recipe but no one keeps nonfat dry milk so no I would not buy just for one recipe"
"So soft and moist, delicious, healthy and yummy! Plus easy to make."