My husband likes to take muffins to work. And with this mix in my pantry, I can have muffins ready in minutes. —Darlene Brenden, Salem, Oregon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir in cereal and nuts. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place or in the freezer for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 batches (8 cups total).
- To prepare muffins: Place 4 cups of muffin mix in a bowl. Beat egg and water; stir into mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 400° for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Raisin Bran Muffin Mix in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p22
Reviews for Raisin Bran Muffin Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2013
"everything is great about recipe but no one keeps nonfat dry milk so no I would not buy just for one recipe"
Reviewed Jan. 23, 2011
"So soft and moist, delicious, healthy and yummy! Plus easy to make."