Raisin Bran Chewies Cookies
"I created this recipe when I was trying to use up some Raisin Bran cereal," explains Ione Perkins of Rowlins, Wyoming.
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups Raisin Bran cereal
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, honey and vanilla;
- mix well. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed
- mixture. Stir in cereal. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Drop by
- teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14
- minutes or until done. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 232 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.