Raisin Bran Bread Recipe
You won't even realize you're getting bran cereal in your diet when you sample this bread from Jean Daviau of San Jacinto, California. It is moist and slightly sweet from raisins.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups raisin bran
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-1/4 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first eight ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- 2. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 3. Just before the final kneading (your machine may audibly signal this), add the raisins. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 16 slices).
1 serving (1 slice) equals 115 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC