Raisin & Walnut Dark Rye Bread Recipe
- 3/4 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 tablespoon quick-rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In bread machine pan, place the first nine ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons water or flour if needed.
- Grease a baking sheet; sprinkle with cornmeal. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead in raisins and walnuts. Shape into a round loaf; transfer to prepared pan. Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until dark golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds, 12 slices).
Originally published as Raisin & Walnut Dark Rye Bread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Raisin & Walnut Dark Rye Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review