Raised Yeast Waffles
These waffles bake up crispy on the outside and light and tender on the inside. Since they aren't too filling, they leave room for sampling the rest of the brunch buffetor for munching on more waffles!
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 5 min./batch
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Beat in the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour,
- salt and baking soda; stir into yeast mixture just until combined.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 220 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 382 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.