- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand 5 minutes. Beat in milk, eggs and butter. In another bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda; stir into yeast mixture just until combined. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Originally published as Raised Yeast Waffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Raised Yeast Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review