Raised Yeast Waffles Recipe
These waffles bake up crispy on the outside and light and tender on the inside. Since they aren't too filling, they leave room for sampling the rest of the brunch buffetor for munching on more waffles!
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the milk, eggs and butter. Combine the flour, salt and baking soda; stir into yeast mixture just until combined. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Yield: 10 waffles.
Originally published as Raised Yeast Waffles in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p12
Reviews for Raised Yeast Waffles(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >