Rainy Day Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (46 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/3 cup medium pearl barley
- 1. In a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 60-70 minutes or until the vegetables and barley are tender. Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
1 cup: 196 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 11g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 vegetable
Reviews for Rainy Day Soup
"no stars but a 5. my family really enjoyed this soup, quick and tasty, next time I will add some garlic and red peppers as we like these. will make this again without red peppers and garlic for my family that are not pepper fans"